Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pride of Longbridge SE Convoy from Clackett. 14th April 12.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pride of Longbridge SE Convoy from Clackett. 14th April 12.

People from last year will know the drill- I'm planning same locations and times- spread the word!. PICS OF LAST YEAR BELOW!

Right guys, I am organising with a couple of Metro guys a MG Rover convoy to Pride of Longbridge on SATURDAY 14TH APRIL.

We are going to be meeting in the carpark at M25 Clacket Lane services CLOCKWISE about 7am and M40 Beaconsfield services NORTHBOUND about 8am.

Anyone with a MG or Rover is welcome to come along. Don't worry if you have slow car, all will be legal 70mph motoring.

Drop your name below and spread the word. Would be great to see 10 MGRs going up the motorway together.

There are 2 meeting points for people from the North and South. People from South can meet at M25 services and people from the North area can meet on the M40. People from the South then hook up at the M40 with the other people.

Saturday 14th April.

7am M25- Clacket Lane services - clockwise TN16 2ER

8am M40 Beaconsfield services- northbound. HP9 2SE

Any car with any rleation to Longbridge is allowed, old, young, modded, factory.

GOOGLE MAP directions of journey:
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&so...72&ie=UTF8&z=8

Be there or be nowhere!

Comment

You have some nice photos there of some truly great cars. Particularly of the Rover SD1 Vitesse, 200 BRM LE and P4 90 (three of my personal favourites).

Although the Maestro's off the road and won't likely be ready in time, I might think about going in 2012 anyway, as a friend is keen to show his Silverleaf MGB GT at more events.

Let me know if there are any meet ups along the M5 motorway heading up from the South West.

Comment

Hey guys. RalphG is coming in a Maestro VDP. Anyone else want to join us?

Comment

i'll be there. in a ZS, Maestro or 75 tourer.

Comment

Hi, which meet point mate?

Comment

Beaconsfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Roverguest View Post
                As you say Ralph and I will be going again and will hopefully meet at Clackets, hopefully we will be bringing a slightly more reliable car this year (appologies for the delays last year!)
                MG ZR, anthracite - sold & gone
                MG Maestro 1600 1.8 S-series track car - will be made road legal for track days
                Montego Turbo - in need of welding to osr arch
                Maestro 1600 VDP - daily drive

Comment

Hi guys. Would really like to boost the number of older cars at PoL and the Maestro and Montego is a good place to start! Come on!

Comment

Taking the Courier is out of question then.. ? Might follow from a distance

Comment

I will be dusting off our mini around march time, back on the road start of April.

I would be well up for a trip to Longbridge!

Comment

just under a month now people. Please remember to keep checking here for updates as we get closer to the event!
                        Thanks

Comment

less than 1 week to go bump! Get your cars washed and polished! Be there or be square. ANY ONE ALLOWED, ANY MG OR ROVER.

7am- M25 Clacket Lane services CLOCKWISE

8am- M40 Beaconsfield services

PLEASE ARRIVE AT MEET POINT 15 mins BEFORE BOOKED DEPARTURE

Comment

Anyone else for this!?

Comment

I'll be joining you at Beaconsfield in the Rover 216S - C733 ULL, now duly polished and raring to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X