Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Van wheelarch pannels

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Van wheelarch pannels

    Hi folks,
    I was looking around for rear wheel arches for my van. They aren't terrible but I'm looking to get it resprayed in a couple of weeks and don't feel it would be right to build everything up with cag.
    My trouble is that I can only find a supplier that stocks the arch for one side! Does anyone know if they are reversible or something? I have seen that the arch from the car can fit but is it best to get a maestro or a montego one? I do have the option of a generic fit-all bendy arch panel too.
    Considering my options are kinda few, it seems that I have too many semi-bodge options to know which is best.
    Which would you go for?

    Cheers,
    Dave

  • #2
    Maestro van arches have never been available so I'm not sure how you've found one!

    You can use the maestro metal bumper rear arches though.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

    Comment


    • #3
      These people have taken over the supply of Hadrian panels. Some other people sell Hadrian panels as well but seem to have a higher mark up. They are only showing NS steel bumper Maestro hatch rear arch repair panels but both sides for plastic bumper ones.
      http://www.crashrepairparts.com/part...anels?_ts=1345

      According to this MR2 forum they have used Maestro steel bumper arch repair panels from Hadrian for MK1 MR2 rear arches. Another alternative that they picture, requires a little re-working are Nissan/Datsun 82-86 Cherry N12 arch repair panels. Volvo 340 arch repair panels are also said to be an option. These panels are also from Hadrian with the bonus that they are cheaper than the Maestro ones.
      http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/kb.php?...c2a745fbc9ab6f
      http://www.crashrepairparts.com/part...els?_ts=126004
      http://www.crashrepairparts.com/part...els?_ts=277457

      These links might be useful to you. The first one is a Maestro Van arch repair.
      http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/wheelarch.htm
      http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/thin-metal.htm

      Tell us how you got on with this when it is done.
      Last edited by PhilBill; 27th February 2013, 18:33. Reason: Added link and info.

      Comment

      Working...
      X